Does investing in a solar system add value to your house?
85% of Aussies say yes!
Solar panels boost property prices!
According to a survey carried out on RealEstate.com.au in April 2015.
85% of Australian’s identify solar rooftop panels as something which adds to a property’s value.
Awesome news for homeowners!
As awareness of renewable energy & the long term benefits of solar increase, Australian’s recognise the perks of a solar system can have. Which is awesome news for your bank balance!
- Reduced cost of energy
- Favourable perception of solar power with the Australian population
- The average increase to a property is $29k+, on a medium-sized home (realestate.com.au)
- 8/10 people have a favourable opinion of solar
- 1 in 5 homes in Australia now have solar power installed
What does this mean?
This means that buyers in the market are likely to understand the associated financial incentives living in a house with solar power has, over living in a house without a solar system. This gives homes with solar a clear advantage in the market.
RealEstate.com.au noted homes with solar sell faster & are perceived in a more positive way than ever before.
“New research showed properties with sustainable features such as solar panels, battery packs and rainwater tanks have been selling faster and at a high price than homes without the eco-friendly features.” (realestate.com.au)
Great news for landlords too!
- Renters would pay more for solar
Three quarter of renters said they would pay additional rent to live in a property with solar energy.
- Two out of five renters saying they’d be willing to pay an extra 10% a week.
This is good news for landlords looking to increase appeal on the rental market.